I was transcribing away in my kitchen this afternoon after Jen and I had an interesting focus group this morning. I started to hear the pitter patter of rain on my skylight--yes, it must be monsoon season. There are few things I love more than a thunderstorm, but a thunderstorm in the middle of the summertime is even more precious.
I grabbed my blue camping chair, my laptop, and my journal. After finishing up some transcribing, I turned on Norah Jones (it goes without saying that when it's raining outside, I'm listening to Norah) and enjoyed the view of the rose bush and cherry tree from my dry spot under the car port.
Oh, the simple pleasures in life.
3 comments:
Oh how lovely kristen :) I love you!
Kristen, I miss you soooooooooooo much. I have been the worlds worst cousin this year. You are such a good writer. I LOVE the rain!!!!!! Especially when you can get out in it. Wish I could have been there.
:) thanks Heidi! i love you too!
Brooke, don't even worry, you are a fantastic cousin and I miss you too! AND I'm home now--LET'S PLAY!!
Post a Comment