Thursday, July 21

dear page: thank you for the memories.

Dear Page:
In what seemed like the bat of an eyelash, my internship and fantastic summer in Arizona has come to an end. But I couldn't have asked for a better summer.
Thank you for the unforgettable memories with my family over the Fourth of July as we swam at the lake, boated out on the Lake Powell, and took a day trip the Grand Canyon:










...
 Thank you for the dear friends I made, for the summer nights we spent doing random things like ultimate frisbee, night fugitive, nights out on the dock as we played guitar and stargazed,
and  crafting hot air balloons out of straws, birthday candles, and trashbags. 
(we never quite perfected them)

 ...
Thank you for the monsoon season, the sudden rainstorms, and
the waterfalls cascading down the canyon walls

...
Thank you for being such a quick drive from Sedona (a gorgeous little city!), where I could meet up with my dear friend and former mission companion, Mindy Lukens. We ate brunch at a cafĂ© called "The Secret Garden," window shopped and  walked through art galleries, enjoyed an ice cream cone, went for a dip in the pool, and chatted the day away.  It was a fantastic day.

...
Thank you for the countless afternoons I spent at the lake, 
for the hikes and the shooting and fishing and just feeling so alive.

( I somehow mustered the courage to JUMP from this 30 foot cliff and lived to tell the tale! thank you for not letting me die of fright.)



Thank you for the laughter and the lessons learned.
...
Thank you for being my charming home for the summer. 
(I didn't want to put my house on here before because of internet creepers, but isn't it wonderful? )

...

Thank you for the sunsets, the sunrises, and everything in between.


Dear Page, I miss you already.
Thank you for the summer that I won't soon forget.

2 comments:

Lorina said...

that looked so fun! I still haven't gone to lake powell yet and it's on my to do list. Yes, can we please have a full out tea party?? I actually have bought some adorable teacups and saucers!

Kristen said...

yaay! yes! what do you say, once the school year is beginning?