Sunday, June 19

Summer in Arizona

hi friends!

I am setting a goal and letting whoever still reads this know that I am going to be better at updating my blog. You take a year-and-a-half hiatus and not only is the habit difficult to start back up (excuses, excuses, I know), but you forget that you even have a blog where you can post the goings-on of your life.


So is me making a "New Year's Resolution," if you will, to be more consistent at keeping up my blog. If nothing else, documenting  it just makes me feel more grateful for the friendships, memories, and life experiences I have.

To update anyone who still reads this that may not know, I am in Arizona for the summer with an internship through BYU. My research partner and I are doing an evaluation of a school program that mainly helps Native American students who are struggling in school. So we get to do student interviews, focus groups, and basically just a lot of digging to find out how the school can better meet at-risk students' needs. It's been wonderful and rewarding.

In addition to the research, I get a house to myself that's right in the town of Page, which happens to be RIGHT on Lake Powell. So, for my first post from Page, I'll include some (outdated) shots of from when my sisters and brother-in-law came to visit me, and we spent a day out on the lake kayaking about a month ago. This is my first time experiencing Lake Powell--and I'm HOOKED!

 with Ashley, Alex, and my brother-in-law, Trent

hi-yah

 "cliff" jumping

kayaking down Lake Powell

Viva la Vida!

I had forgotten just how wonderful summer is: warm weather, hanging out at the lake, road trips, sunshine and cool summer nights for BBQs, night games, ice cream and watermelon and all the other wonderful pleasures that come with it. 

And so the summer adventures begin!

No comments: