Wednesday, May 4

Easter Traditions

Though this is a little late, I had to create a post about our fantastic Easter.  Before I begin, I must preface by saying that our family tends to focus a lot more on the meaning of Easter and Christ than the traditions of dying eggs, hiding them, and having elaborate Easter baskets.  Not that my mom and dad ever skimp on Easter candy, but the candy and large dinner are always kind of a supplement to the celebration of Christ's Resurrection. 

Well, now that five out of us six kids are adults, we decided we should revert back to childhood traditions of yesteryear.  By the way, this hasn't just taken a hold with Easter traditions, but with many other traditions, like buying each other remote control helicopters as Christmas gifts. This year, not only did we decide to break tradition by actually dying some eggs, but we decorated and dyed dozens of them.  I think that should be a tradition.  As easily amused as we are, all we needed was a couple dozen eggs, some crayons, and dye, and we were amused for hours. And I think we've set a high precedent for next year's Easter egg dyeing.


The next day, we made my parents hide all forty-three of them outside while we stayed down in the basement.  Picture this: six "kids" (most of us in our late teens and mid-twenties) elbowing each other out of the way as we scrambled to find eggs up in spiny pine trees or down to the golf course to find eggs hidden in sand traps or IN the eighth hole.

 (us before the HUNT began)


 Matthew searched for eggs in clashing plaids, haha. 

Here are a few of our eggs, before we started getting artsy.

It's never too late to start a tradition, right?

No comments: