However, I'm donning my bright yellow rain boots, a sea-foam green scarf, and a black dress with some tights that haven't been worn for over a year and a half. And despite the looming 20-page Biology final I have to look forward tomorrow, I've got a huge grin on my face as I munch on my sour cream coffee cake from last night's dessert party. Rain, rain...don't go away.
This past week was fabulous--apart from studying for finals, I spent Friday morning (a reading day--no classes!) with my brothers at Boondocks. In other words, two straight games of laser tag, then mini golf, arcade games and four times on the go-carts. They stayed for 14 hours that day doing it over and over again. I had work and a Biology review, but I was pooped after that little excursion. Still, it was a blast. I can't remember the last time I did anything like that! Here's a picture of Michael and me on our go-cart that was slower than all the rest, even with the pedal to the metal. But at least we didn't let that lady and her squealing little kid pass us, though not for her lack of trying. Sorry, little kiddo. I've got to save face in front of my 12- and 19-year-old brothers.
At work, my district of elders has been in the MTC for nearly 8 weeks...they leave a week from today!! I just love them so much, they are such a pick-me-up every day when I walk from BYU and stressful classes over to the MTC. We played a game out on the lawn where we had to do a tongue-twister and if you messed up, you had to stick tape on your face. I think I was the only one that walked away unscathed from the masking tape...which isn't exactly fair, I know. But it was pretty fun to see the other teachers' expressions as we walked back to the classroom, my elders' faces covered in masking tape. They must've wondered what kind of cruelty those poor elders were submitting to.The next day, they received their travel plans--they're going to Chile, NYC, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Utah, El Salvador and Belize. I feigned enthusiasm---I'm excited for them to go serve, but I'm going to MISS THEM! Selfish, I know.
Last weekend, I went with my cousin Brooke to a fashion show in Salt Lake City. The picture is terrible quality, but it's evidence that we went nonetheless. It was definitely a different crowd than you usually see in Provo...a guy came up next to the guy next to me and gave his friend a kiss, much to our surprise. We also saw the woman who plays the role of Emma Smith in Joseph: Prophet of the Restoration. She's got to be six feet tall....she's so tall!
First (and possibly last) time at a fashion show...I can cross that off my bucket list!
And yesterday (Sunday) was just too wonderful for words!! After the nerve-racking experience of teaching the Relief Society lesson on charity to a room full of 50+ young single adult sisters, my brother was ordained an elder!!! He's about to turn in his mission papers, and I'M SOOOO EXCITED!!!! We all enjoyed relaxing together after church and watching a movie, eating to our hearts' content, and making dessert.
And--one of the highlights of my weekend--we had a DC reunion. Erin and her hubby Eric, Bekah and Alycia, Kristina, Diana, Sara...it was sooo fun. I'm so glad to know that friendships can transcend years and distances...old friends are the best kinds of friends :) (Picture to come)


2 comments:
Kristen! So happy you're back. I can't believe I haven't seen you yet. Things have been super busy but I have TWO MONTHS OFF this summer (that's the best part about being a teacher) and I would really love to go to lunch with you and hear all about your mission and your life! I'm glad you have a blog so I can see how you're doing. Love you!
AUBREY!!! Your trip looks AMAZING!!!!! I'm coming back at the end of July, can we please please get together for lunch then?
You are too cute, your pictures in Europe are incredible! Looks like you're having a wonderful time :)
Post a Comment