Sunday, August 7

Road trip.

Summertime means road trips, and this summer is no exception.

Four of my good friends from the mission (all of whom happened to be my zone leaders in Kansas) all met up and we drove from Utah to Denver to Colorado Springs to Garden City, Kansas, where we all served a good chunk of our missions.

Four guys. One girl. One unforgettable weekend.


I got to teach Ida as a missionary. She went through the Denver temple for the first time last weekend!! Such an incredible day.

Denver Temple. 

 
Us with the elders, eating homemade posole (one of my personal favorite Mexican dishes) 
with a member.

The county fair with Noheli. We all went on a ride called 
"kamikaze" after eating three dinners...not the best idea. 

 
(the "before" picture. we weren't smiling so much afterwards)

 
Deane was baptized last April, and she also went to the temple for the first time last week. Love her!

Lunch with some of our dear friends after church. 

 
Such a special family! I love them!!


 I got the nerve to take this baby for a ride around the block, and I didn't even crash!

 
Ever since I got called to Kansas, it was the dream of my life to wear red shoes on a brick road. I don't care how lame it is, my dream was finally fulfilled this trip :)

Party for the RMs, soo fun! So much good food in one weekend. 

 Breakfast with Janice. 

 Naturally, we had to enjoy a p-day with the missionaries (we played indoor soccer, of course)!
The whole weekend was filled with strengthening old friendships and visiting the people and places that are so dear to each of us.  As we drove away from Garden City, we listened to hymns and pondered on the months there in Kansas that changed each of our lives forever.

Garden City and the people there will forever hold a place in my heart.

3 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

Your hair is so cute! I miss you tons and tons. When you graduate you should probably plan on moving to DC :)

{Brooke} said...

ok, Im seeing a certain man in several pics with you?!?! whats going on? I miss you. You should move here with me!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

:) Thank you Laur!! I miss you too. I need to figure out my life, I graduate in December and I have no clue what I'm doing! Talk some sense into me!

Brookie, I know, I would love to be your roomie. I still have school in Provo so it's a little bit of a drive :) Either way, I need to see you soon!! As for the man....I don't know which one, but for now they're all good friends!! :)