Saturday, July 4

per your request...

STRAWBERRY BUTTER RECIPE



1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup crushed strawberries
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
dash of salt
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, vanilla, and salt. Stir in strawberries. Keep refrigerated, or leave on the counter a few minutes before serving to soften.

Serve with biscuits, breads, muffins, waffles, pancakes, or toast. It's like frosting--it can go on anything!

YIELD: 2 cups

For the Open House, we substituted raspberries, blueberries, and approx. 1/3 can of orange juice to make the different butters. You may want to play with the amounts to get the right flavor and texture.

1 comment:

Alan and Alexis said...

Kristen! I am so sorry to hear you got swine flu! That is just awful. I hope you feel better and you're right that it's good you didn't go dancing. Don't worry, I haven't been sick so I don't think I got it. And thanks for the butter recipe. I am so excited to make it!

Thanks for your post, Alan and I really are having a great time and I love every minute of it. Here is my address so you can write me.

584 N 300 E #10
Provo, UT 84606

But I am moving in September, so I'll write you and send you my new one. I can't wait to write! Do you know when you're reporting now? And pizza was so fun! I'm glad we got to hang one more time. I am going to miss you! Good luck Sister Staib!