Wednesday, June 25

Vienna!

After a long day and night of traveling, we are almost there--we're currently at the Vienna, Austria airport. I'm not going to lie, I wish we could stay here and take a quick stop along our way. However, our plane leaves in about forty minutes, so my Austrian experience will be confined to unloading off the plane onto the tarmac and onto a shuttle. Austria seems really warm and REALLY humid. And beautiful, of course. Austrian Airlines was kinda cool, too--the flight attendants wore red shirts, skirts, shoes, and yes, even red nylons. Stylin'. The airplane food was actually good, too--nothing gourmet, but definitely better than salted peanuts and pretzels.

Well, we've already had a glitch in our trip. There were two flights yesterday of Jerusalem Center kids leaving Salt Lake for Chicago at two different times. I was in the earlier group of 60 students who had to leave at 7:45, but my roomie, Ashley, was on the later flight at 10 a.m. with the remaining 20 students. My group had a 4 1/2 hour layover in Chicago, and the other group was going to join us on the flight for Vienna. However, I got a call yesterday when we landed in Chicago, and Ash told me that their flight had been delayed 45 minutes, and would be delayed another hour and a half, causing them to miss their connection! Well, I haven't talked to her since (I was on a plane for nine hours), but rumor has it that group is going to fly to Chicago today, stay the night, fly to Germany and spend the day there, and get to Israel on Friday. I'm not going to lie...I'm a bit jealous of their little detour :)

Other than that, my trip has been great--everyone going to Jerusalem is extremely nice and so fun. I've made some new friends, recognize a few faces, and am stoked to be with these kids for the next eight weeks.

3 comments:

Alan and Alexis said...

Kristen! I can't believe I didn't get to say good-bye before you left... :-( But I know you were super busy and I know you'll have an amazing time! I'm excited you have this blog so I can keep up with what you are doing! I can't wait to see the pics and hear all the stories. Wow, can you believe that we were in Spain a year ago? I was writing in my journal on Sunday and I looked to see what I was doing a year before that and we were together in Rome! That seems forever ago. I miss it. But anyway, have so much fun and be safe! love ya! Oh and here is my blog address: alexislohrke.blogspot.com

Kristina said...

love it! this blog thing is the best idea ever. now i will always know what's going on with you!

{Brooke} said...

Kristen I'm so excited for ya!!! Have a great time! See you in like ten years!!! Jk. Love ya