As we walked away, I remembered that we'd brought a mini soccer ball with us that day. We pulled it out, and literally within 5 minutes we had dozens of children swarming us. We played soccer with them for a bit, but many of the children were not as fast as some of the bigger kids who were playing with the ball.
I gave my camera to Lucy, who works with the NGO here and has been showing us around and introducing us to people. Lots of the kids swarmed her, wanting to see what she was doing and what the pictures looked like.
I asked Lucy to give me the camera, and I would take a picture of the kids that were crowding around her. This turned into kids jumping up and down around me. I was flash-mobbed!
Jenny was brilliant. She started dancing, and the kids thought that was hilarious. They mimicked her dance moves, and we all started following Jenny. Pretty soon, this little boy named Lawrence came over and wanted us to copy him. We did, and they thought that was even more hilarious. We followed Lawrence around, marching and saluting and waving our arms around. This put them all into fits of giggles.
Finally, Lucy said it was time to go. I felt like the bad guy as I asked for the ball back, but we promised them we'd come again. I think we may go back tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment