I don't even know where to begin. So I'm going to create a couple of posts.
We arrived in Kampala on Sunday morning at 4:15 AM, and spent Sunday and Monday in Kampala. We were all turned around with our hours, so we spent some time exploring, and a lot of time sleeping to try and make up for our overnight traveling. The remainder of our time was spent figuring out cell phones, internet, mosquito nets, and the like. We also ate at an amazing Indian restaurant--delicious!!
It is beautiful here!! Very lush, very green, and very humid. Stepping off the plane was like being hit with a humid heat wave. We took a 6 hour bus ride on Wednesday from Kampala to Gulu. The further north we got, the more rural, flat, and dry it became. Here are some pictures from our stay in Kampala and journey to Gulu.
Kampala
So green and beautiful. And it is soo humid here.
Check out the horns on those cows!! It's not a great picture, but these guys are impressive. They will even be hanging out in downtown Gulu, and today as we rode by on a boda (motorcycle), a couple of them were trotting across the road. In the middle of the city!
A little further north:
Crossing the Nile River. We were disappointed, since Jenny said she has always seen babboons there. Maybe next time.
This is our hotel room once we reached Gulu. (Note the mosquito nets). This room at the "Happy Nest" hotel is soo tiny--I am standing in the doorway, and you'll note that we fit the luggage, our beds...and we tiptoed around everything to move around :)
More pictures to come! Admittedly, I haven't taken too many since we got to Gulu. Since we are here for work and not tourism, I haven't quite felt out when it is and isn't appropriate to bust out the camera quite yet. But we will be here for six more weeks...and I'm sure we will start going picture crazy soon enough :)
No comments:
Post a Comment