Saturday, December 25

Merry Christmas

"...Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels [missionaries] ceased to minister unto...men.

"...It is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels [missionaries] appear and minister to men...For no man can be saved...save they shall have faith in His name; wherefore, if these things have ceased, then faith has ceased also..." Moroni 7:29, 37-38

Family,

I'm not quite sure when you'll get this, but I'm sure my release date will be looming in the not-so-distant future and I'll soon be able to rehash all of my mission experiences in person. But until then, I want each of you to know I do have a testimony of miracles, and because of that I know there are many, many good people in the world who have faith, and whose faith brought them the missionaries in some way, whose faith ultimately helped them change their lives and their eternal salvation.

Remember the faith of Kristin, who, despite family, friends and co-workers ridiculing her decision, chose to be baptized because she'd read the Book of Mormon in 4 days and could not deny its truthfulness, or the truthfulness of the restored Gospel.

Remember the faith of Ida, a 74-year-old woman who had watched her son's and daughter-in-law's examples as they converted to the Gospel and changed their lives. She was wary of all the things she'd heard about Mormons but finally agreed to give it a chance, and changed her religion and her life at 74 when she received her witness. She's now preparing to go to the temple and be sealed to her husband who died several years ago.

Remember the faith of a 15-year-old girl who was contacted on the street by strangers, and despite her friends' teasing or disinterest and her own parents' disapproval, received her answer that the Book of Mormon is true and this is Christ's church and has never flinched or wavered in that testimony and stands as a light & example to all her friends, family and ward. Noheli has already been the example to her brother Uriel, Julio, sister Marisabel and friends Treanna, Allison and Jerrico, who have entered the waters of baptism, and many more will follow. She'll continue to be an inspiration and example because of her faith as she prepares for a full-time mission someday.

Remember the faith of Enedina, whose search for spiritual fulfillment ended when at last she read the Book of Mormon and found answers to the questions of her soul. Because of her faith, her husband miraculously changed his heart and was able to be baptized with the rest of his family. Now Enedina is a counselor in the Relief Society Presidency and their family is preparing for the temple.

"And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you, he changeth not...and is a God of miracles." Mormon 9:19

"And Christ hath said, if ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me." Moroni 7:33

Yes, miracles are possible. Yes, God does know and love and guide each one of us, His children. I testify that God is a God of miracles, that Christ is my Savior, Redeemer, and my King. This Christmas I challenge each of you to ponder on the miracle of the atonement and the miracles God has wrought in each of your lives. Have faith in Him, give Him your all, serve others, and you will see miracles of your own.

With much, much love,
Sister Kristen Staib

No comments: