Thursday, August 13

(Mail Sent by Kristen on 8-6-09, transcribed by Maggie Staib)

Hey Family, Sorry, this is going to have to be brief. Before I forget:

Thank you so much for taking care of things while I’m gone! Don’t feel like you have to type all my handwritten letters to put on my blog! I don’t expect that of you. I appreciate so much all you’ve done thus far! I’ve gotten many comments on how well kept my blog is. ☺


I’m so glad the Anaconda Reunion was such a success! [
see the article in the August 8, 2009 edition of The Church News ] I know you worked so hard, Mom. It sounds like the idea to do this was more like a spiritual prompting (Elder Bednar’s talk in mind!). I’m so glad it turned out so wonderfully.

Almost immediately after writing you about how our unity was lacking, things started getting better. I’m still striving to be the one to include everyone and we’re all getting to be much better friends. So that’s GREAT news!


I’m still getting better, little by little. ☺ Keep praying for me (I know you are!!)


I wanted to tell you about the referral center (RC). We take incoming calls for people requesting things like the Bible, the Book of Mormon, The Lamb of God DVD, etc. Ashley can tell you more about it.


Anyway, we’d made a goal last time to have 13 referrals – one for each of us – by the end of our hour and forty-five minutes.

Well, this week we made our goal a little more “realistic” – we aimed for 8. I still was doubtful since we hardly get anyone to pick up, much less get the missionaries over there with a Book of Mormon. I felt like it was kind of out of our hands.


BUT – the Lord provided! Not only did I get my first referral in the first 10 minutes, but I got two referrals that day, and our district was on fire – we got EIGHTEEN referrals! It just goes to show you that when you trust in the Lord, you can exceed your expectations with HIS help. I feel like I never want to doubt the righteous goals I set again! I’d encourage you to take your goals and your plans to the Lord. He will help us achieve them!


Thanks for your love and your letters. There’s so much to say but just not enough time! Know that I love you, miss you, think of you often and pray for you individually every day.


Take care!


Love,


Kristen


P.S. We could especially use your prayers on Fridays since that’s when we teach in Mongolian to “investigators”! We stress over it BIG TIME!

No comments: