Thursday, April 9

Hoping they call me on a mission.

It's 12:30 a.m. and I am sitting in the library as the rain comes pouring down outside. But I can't really hear it; I'm too far in the depths of the HBLL.

I have this giant statistical/econometrics/political science research project due in t-minus 33 hours. I have done a great deal on it, but probably have another 8 or so hours to dump into it. However, I am sitting here staring at my computer screen, mindless. My brain has been sucked out.

Except that portion of my brain that is impatient, ever impatient to know when and where I'll be going (if you didn't know, I submitted my mission papers approximately a week and a half ago). However, with the occurrence of General Conference, they are expected to take an extra week to get here.

Patience is not my strength. It's really being tested now.

But it's ok. I should be focusing all my energies and all those rods and cones in my eyeballs onto this oh-so important research project, right?

Not likely.

1 comment:

mandi winterton said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear!