Monday, December 29

New York Times.

Like everything else I need to blog about, this little overdue. The girls and I spent four lovely days in New York City the weekend before Thanksgiving. Not only were we lucky enough to stay at Ashley's grandma's apartment in between Madison and Park Avenues, but we got to see all of the sites we wanted to, and were shown around by Ashley's cousin Julia, a born and bred New Yorker. We went to a Broadway play (Sara and Ashley to Hairspray, Paige and I to Phantom of the Opera), went to the Met, explored Central Park, walked up and down 5th Avenue, visited Strand Bookstore, frequented Times Square and Madison Ave, ran into Elders Holland and Perry in Times Square (of all places!), toured the UN, explored Greenwich Village and SoHo, and had a ball. Though it was completely FREEZING, we still had the time of our lives!

United Nations


The UN General Assembly room.


The Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center in the middle of being decorated


Ice Skaters at the Rockefeller Center


The first in line to wait for Broadway tickets


Clearly, voting is important. The Muppet said so.


it was COLD.


I heart New York.


We stumbled upon this little artisan open-air market thing.


After Phantom!!

More pictures to come.

No comments: