The city is full of a buzzing excitement. City blocks are lined with people waiting to cast their ballot. News channels are constant with the latest from the exit polls. It's definitely Election Day in the District.
This day has been anticipated for years. After all the campaigning, all the ads and debates and publicity and hype, it all boils down to one day: today. Tomorrow we will wake up with a new President of the United States of America (though he won't be inaugurated till next year). Today is the day. Today, history is made.
What will you be doing tonight? My mom and dad are flying in from Utah this afternoon, and I'll meet up with them after work. Then I'm going to the RNC Election Night party at the Hilton Capital hotel, where I'll be surrounded either by those feeling victorious or feeling beaten. I'm really excited to have secured an invitation.
So, this is a call to anyone and everyone who might be reading this: GO VOTE!
Exercise your Constitutional right. Take advantage of that freedom that our fathers fought and died for, that so many around the world could only dream of.
It does matter.
1 comment:
Hey there, Kristen......well the country voted and we will experience a ew chapter in the great American adventure!
How are you?! We had our first snowfall of the year and it was a doozy! And it was so pretty..we look forward to seeing you pretty soon. Love, Grandma
Post a Comment