After church we set out to see the main sites of DC: the monuments. This is my fourth time in DC since we lived here as a kid, but I just had to go, too. We got off the metro at the Smithsonian and walked down the Mall to the Washington monument. We tried to take yet another jumping picture, but our attempts yielded unsuccessful results. Some girls looked at the picture and actually commented on my height in our jumping picture...I just smiled and replied that I'd had lots of practice.
We made our way down to the WWII memorial, which is relatively new. Apparently you're not supposed to go wading in it, a fact that was unbeknown to us until after we snapped this picture. Oh well.
So far, everyone has been really kind and a lot of fun. I like my new roommate and it's weird to be surrounded by so many Political Science majors like myself. I've got a long day ahead of me--it's a holiday!--so I'm going to bed.
3 comments:
Oh My Gosh Kristen!!! That is so cool. I can't wait until I come out. I will love it. That is so sweet of Heidi to have left you a note and a picture. How great it is to be best friends with someone, even from across the world! How cute. Miss you. I'm glad you are loving it
It sounds so fun! I'm glad you're doing so well! Keep writing!
HaHa!!! You kill me Kristen. Can't wait to see you
Post a Comment